HP3000-L Archives

June 2010, Week 3

From:
donna hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:48:31 -0700
I *strongly* recommend against starting the network in sysstart.  (imo) it's
much better to have this be part of (say) operator.sys's logon (udc)
process.  And even then start the network in a script or job.  Having
something like this (and other parts of system start-up) be modular gives
you (as the system manager) the ability to control your machine (vs standing
there saying 'oh crud' (or variations thereof)).

Only do in sysstart what has to be done there.  (search raven for past
discussions on this topic)      - d

Fwiw, dave got the two netcontrol and nscontrol sequence right (for most
situations).

---
Donna Hofmeister
Allegro Consultants, Inc.