HP3000-L Archives

April 2010, Week 4

From:
"Simpkins, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpkins, Terry
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:08:27 -0400
I need to get a couple new laser printers that will be spooled from the
HP3000.  I had been getting P2015n printers, and they worked great.
Unfortunately that model has been discontinued.  I don't need anything
terribly fast.   The 30ppm range is fine, and that seems to be low-end
speed these days.

If I remember correctly the printer must be PCL5e capable to work
correctly as a spooled printer on the 3k.

Anyone have a 'current' printer they can recommend?  I see there is a
P2035n that refers to PCL5e.    I prefer to stay with an HP printer,
just because we have so many of them already.  I don't want to start
refurbs if I can help it.   It just isn't worth the grief I get, and
they generally aren't that much cheaper.

Terry W. Simpkins

Director Business Systems

Measurement Specialties, Inc.

office:  +1 757-766-4278