HP3000-L Archives

April 2010, Week 4

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:35:31 -0400
> Good afternoon all!
>
> In an attempt to move away from tape backup, we want to do a store command to a file on a remote system. I know how to store to a file on the local system, but don't know the command for doing this on a remote system. Once the store is done on the remote system then we have another solution to back up that data.

I don't *think* you can do this.

Using NS services, you can (I seem to recall) do store/restore to a
remote drive (dev=dsline#tape), but this doesn't work with disk, as I
recall.

I can give it a quick try when I get back to the office if nobody
answers before then.

We routinely to store-to-disk on our primary system, copy to the remote,
and then do remote restore.  If you have the local storage to do so,
this will be orders of magnitude faster than trying to do file system
level operations over the network.

Jeff