HP3000-L Archives

April 2010, Week 3

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2010 02:51:27 EDT
Hi All:

I have a little problem going on with two Cobol programs. I am sure I
already know the answer but
I will run it by everyone on the list in case there is a solution.

Cobol program #1 (mainline) and Cobol program #2 (also a mainline)

#1 program runs program #2 with the RUN command via the COMMAND  intrinsic.

#1 FOPENS a file (pm file, fopens ok) and the file number returns a value
of +0010

#2 FOPEN's a different file and the returned file number is also a value of
 +0010

Ouch. This isn't exactly what I had been hoping for. When control returns
to program #1

I "FCLOSE" the file opened by #1 -- the bad news is that the file opened by
 program #2 is being closed!

Is there any way of "forcing" the file system to give me different file
numbers so that the correct files

are being closed?

TIA,
Brian Donaldson.