HP3000-L Archives

March 2010, Week 2

From:
Jack Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jack Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2010 06:58:26 -0800
If you're successful in doing STOREs and RESTOREs from the drive (DLT, actually, I think :0)...then the drive is in all likelihood OK.
You'll see errors due to media faults even with new media.
If you're seeing SCSI timeouts in the system logs, you may want to try a new
SCSI terminator and cable after DOWNing the device.

jack