HP3000-L Archives

March 2010, Week 2

From:
Brent Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brent Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:27:20 -0500
I have an A500-200 running MPE/iX C.75.02. I had a DTL8000 that had a tape
jam I followed instructions to remove the tape but I think the drive was
messed up. So I called HP and had them ship a new DTL which I installed last
week. The system saw the drive, I was able to store to the drive and do a
listdir to the tape. The funny thing was when the tape was online and I do a
showdev it showed a status of Avail.

I have been looking at my logs and I am getting I/O Error's on the SCSI
controller (see attached) as well as Device 8.

After writing this I think I will try calling HP the problem there is you say
HP3000 and they ask you what is that but I will try. But I welcome any other
suggestions.