HP3000-L Archives

February 2010, Week 4

From:
Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:11:45 -0600
Alfredo (and others):

Please don't interpret my questions as an attempt to impugn the
selection process for the "Gang of 8". I'm sure everyone is aware of
and appreciates the efforts and bona fides of the recipients. I just
wonder what effect this announcement really has on my ability to
continue to use MPE in my ever-changing environment.

On 2/25/10, F. Alfredo Rego <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> At 1:27 PM -0600 02/25/2010, Ron Seybold wrote:
>
>>Hello Friends,
>>
>>HP has announced the eight companies and organizations which have received
>> a license for MPE/iX and TurboIMAGE/XL source. Details at the Newswire's
>> Web site, <http://3000newswire.com/blog>. The lucky eight, to receive
>> millions of lines of read-only code:
>
> "The lucky eight" might indicate (subliminally) that there was some
> kind of lottery involved.
>
> Even though I am under strict non-disclosure on this, I can assure
> you that "luck" had nothing to do with HP's decisions.
>
> Hint: "Decades of hard (and meaningful) work" is more like it.
>

> Now, back to work ;-)
>
> Alfredo
>
> F. Alfredo Rego
> Manager, R & D Labs
> Adager Corporation
> Sun Valley, Idaho 83353-3000 U.S.A.
> http://www.adager.com

Sent from my mobile device

"He's old enough to know what's right and young enough not to choose
it. He's strong enough to win the world and weak enough to lose it." -
Neal Peart