HP3000-L Archives

February 2010, Week 4

From:
"Legault, Raymond D" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Legault, Raymond D
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 05:43:23 -0800
HP3000 A/N-Class - How to clear entries in PDT table?

DocId: MPEKBRC00017083   Updated: 7/20/05 4:01:00 AM

PROBLEM

What is the procedure to clear the Page Deallocation Table (PDT) on the
HP3000 A-Class and N-Class series servers?

For a brief summary of Page Deallocation Table (PDT), refer to the document ID
TCKBCA00000264 (Enabling/Disabling/Verifying Page Deallocation Table).

CONFIGURATION

A-Class N-Class

RESOLUTION

Shut system down.
Restart system to the Boot Menu.
At the Main Menu prompt, enter service.
At the Service Menu prompt, enter pdt to display the PDT entries.
At the Service Menu prompt, enter pdt clear to clear entries;
the following is displayed:
Execution of this command will clear the Page Deallocation Table and then hard boot the system (memory will be reconfigured on boot) Continue? (Y/N) >
Enter y
; the following is displayed: Resetting ... .. ..
********** VIRTUAL FRONT PANEL
********** SYSTEM BOOT DETECTED LEDs :
RUN ATTENTION FAULT REMOTE POWER FLASH OFF OFF ON ON LED state:
Running non-OS code (i.e. BOOT OR DIAGNOSTICS).
Next, the Main Menu is displayed. From now on, restart the system like you normally do.

Ray