OPENMPE Archives

February 2010

OPENMPE@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:52:17 -0500
Each year, OpenMPE holds an election during February/March for seats on
its Board of Directors (BoD).  OpenMPE has a total of nine Directors.
In keeping with good practice to assure corporate stability and as
required by our By-Laws, the election terms of members on the Board are
staggered.  Each seat on the Board has a term of service of two years.
Thus, approximately half the board is elected each year.

Members are encouraged to review our corporate Bylaws.  They are posted
on OpenMPE's website (http://www.openmpe.org/Articles-Bylaws.htm).

With 9 seats on the Board, this means that in even numbered years five
will be up for election and in odd numbered years four will be subject
to election.  This being an odd-numbered year (2009), the Bylaws require
that we hold an election for the five Board seats expiring in March.  A
Board member is elected to a two-year term.

This year the following BOD member positions will be open for election:

John Wolff
Matt Perdue
Tracy Johnson
Donna Hofmeister
Walter Murray

Election schedule to be posted separately, later this week.

To ensure an adequate number of candidates, the BOD is seeking requests
from people who would like to be listed on the ballot for OpenMPE's
upcoming election.  If you would like to be a candidate, please send an
email to Tracy Johnson, Secretary at his address below for the BoD
expressing your desire to seek election along with a brief discussion of
your qualifications.  There is only one requirement for becoming a BoD
member (aside from being a member of OpenMPE) -- a commitment of time.
The BOD generally meets bi-weekly and the participation of the entire
board is critical.

Finally, in order to vote in the upcoming election you must be a member
of OpenMPE.  Membership is free and it only takes a few moments to
complete the application form (http://openmpe.org/Membership.htm).

Show your support for MPE!  Send a clear message to HP that you want a
future for MPE!  Join OpenMPE today!

On behalf of OpenMPE's Board of Directors

Tracy Johnson
Secretary, OpenMPE

Tracy Johnson
Business Analyst