HP3000-L Archives

December 2009, Week 4

From:
Mark Ranft <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Ranft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:36:50 -0600
I always suspected that HP was racist.  It is good to have confirmation.  I
submit the following for your consideration.

I have my company name "PRO 3K" on my license plate.  In regard to my plate,
I have had comments that I never even imagined when I named my company.

More than once, I've heard things like, "Is the "3K" for KKK?"  I
immediately tell them, "NO!  It is for 3000, like Y2K is year two thousand
the "3K" is for three thousand, as in HP 3000."

But now I wonder in the lab....  was the HP 3000 originally the HP 3K...  or
the HP KKK?!?

I hope people know I am joking.  I really enjoyed the video and I liked the
spirit in which it was done.  Maybe the software should have a skin tone
setting.

And here is another video you might find amazing.  It is a dude on his bike.
I am happy to see he is wearing a helmet!

http://video.telegraph.co.uk/services/player/bcpid1137883380?bctid=213375020
01

Happy Holidays and a prosperous New Years.  Whatever God you have, may
he/she bless you and keep you safe!

Mark Ranft
Pro 3K