HP3000-L Archives

November 2009, Week 1

Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 2009 22:37:53 -0600
I'd like to elaborate on my last statement. When I used the term
"Logically linked", I meant for example:

Once the MIGDB database is complete, the following dataset will be
populated:

 >FO DB-MSTR

DATA BASE: MIGDB .PUB     .J3K          TUE, NOV  3, 2009,  8:16 PM

DATA BASE LANGUAGE ATTRIBUTE: NATIVE-3000

SET NAME:
   DB-MSTR,DETAIL

      ITEMS:
         SVR-UNIQUE,           I2            <<SEARCH ITEM>>
         DB-UNIQUE,            I2            <<SEARCH ITEM, SORT ITEM>>
         DB-NAME,              X28           <<SEARCH ITEM>>
         DB-CREATOR,           X8
         DB-ACCT,              X8
         DB-GROUP,             X8
         DB-BYTES,             I4
         SQL-NAME,             X32
         DATAPATH,             X128
         LOGPATH,              X128
         DB-SETCNT,            I4
         DB-RECCNT,            I4
         DB-MIG,               X2
         DB-COST,              I4

      CAPACITY: 60              ENTRIES: 39

 >FO DS-MSTR

DATA BASE: MIGDB .PUB     .J3K          TUE, NOV  3, 2009,  8:16 PM

DATA BASE LANGUAGE ATTRIBUTE: NATIVE-3000

SET NAME:
   DS-MSTR,DETAIL

      ITEMS:
         DB-UNIQUE,            I2            <<SEARCH ITEM>>
         DS-UNIQUE,            I2            <<SEARCH ITEM, SORT ITEM>>
         SVR-UNIQUE,           I2            <<SEARCH ITEM>>
         DS-NAME,              X16           <<SEARCH ITEM>>
         SQL-NAME,             X32
         DS-TYPE,              X2
         DS-RECCNT,            I4
         DS-RECLEN,            I4
         DS-BYTES,             I4
         DS-COST,              I4

      CAPACITY: 768             ENTRIES: 518

 >FO DB-FIELDS

DATA BASE: MIGDB .PUB     .J3K          TUE, NOV  3, 2009,  8:16 PM

DATA BASE LANGUAGE ATTRIBUTE: NATIVE-3000

SET NAME:
   DB-FIELDS,DETAIL

      ITEMS:
         DS-UNIQUE,            I2            <<SEARCH ITEM>>
         IFLD-UNIQUE,          I2            <<SEARCH ITEM, SORT ITEM>>
         DB-UNIQUE,            I2            <<SEARCH ITEM>>
         SVR-UNIQUE,           I2            <<SEARCH ITEM>>
         IFLD-NAME,            X16           <<SEARCH ITEM>>
         IFLD-LEN,             I2
         IFLD-X,               I2
         IFLD-Y,               I2
         IFLD-SUBLEN,          I2
         SQL-NAME,             X32
         IFLD-TYPE,            X2
         SQL-TYPE,             X16
         IFLD-CVT-METHD,       X16
         IFLD-MAX-VAL,         X64
         IFLD-MIN-VAL,         X64

      CAPACITY: 4932            ENTRIES: 4227

As you can image, with this data you can do many things, like x-ref data
items to datasets, and databases, and simple things like programatically
build batch jobs for Eloquence migrations, maybe some XML output, more
complex SQL scripts, create copylib modules, or compare against you
existing copylib contents. Actually, the these datasets were initially
designed to build SQL scripts.

Michael Anderson,
J3k Solutions
Sr.Systems Programmer/Analyst