HP3000-L Archives

October 2009, Week 4

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:49:10 -0400
Ah good manually running EDITOR pointed it out.

You probably have a UDC (or command file) that takes over when you type
only EDITOR one one of the machines and sends you to a "Hooked" version
of Editor.

A "Hooked" version of Editor does some interesting things.  It looks at
the first character of your Editor commands do thinks like:

- If you start a command with a "%", it will process your command as a
VESoft command.

- If you start a command with a comma, it will do a REDO, and parse the
next few characters so it does the previous command that started with
those characters.  Otherize a comma all by itself is a just a REDO of
the last command.

- If you start with TWO commas, it will do a LISTREDO with numbers.
Then you can follow with a single comma followed by the number.

- It may also allow QEDit style Editing for a single line, depending on
a config file in VESOFT.

- My guess is it parses the colon too, but I forgot which is which.

(All in the VESoft manual of course.  Look under "HOOK".)

Tracy Johnson
Office 1-757-766-4318