HP3000-L Archives

October 2009, Week 2

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 17:09:56 -0400
I am experiencing a rather strange little problem.

I have a Cobol/Vplus program that uses a bunch of KSAMXL files inside a Vplus
app.

I use the FOPEN intrinsic to open these KSAMXL files. The program is in user
mode (no GETPRIVMODE being used at all)

On one of these files in particular when I call FCLOSE (zero disposition) it
is causing VPLUS to close the fast forms file!

After I call FCLOSE on this one particular KSAMXL file, all of my Vplus
calls are failing because the fast forms file has closed.

This problem is only occurring on this one particular KSAMXL file. All of my
FCLOSE's on the other files do not give me this problem.

The file equation I am using for this file is :

FILE TEAMS=TEAMS.DATA.SUPRLEAG;SHR;SAVE;GMULTI;LOCK

Any comments, suggestions, insight, help will be much appreciated as always.

TIA,

Brian Donaldson.