HP3000-L Archives

September 2009, Week 4

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:10:55 -0700
--- On Mon, 9/28/09, Mark Ranft <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Real intuitive Microsoft!  I think I am switching to
> OS X or Ubuntu.

I have had similar thoughts myself.  One of the coolest new technologies I have seen is OpenCL.

From Apple...

"With graphics  processors  surpassing speeds of a trillion operations per second, they’re capable of considerably more than just drawing pictures. OpenCL in Snow Leopard is a technology that makes it possible for developers to tap the vast gigaflops of computing power currently in the graphics processor and use it for any application."

Given the lack of improvement in processors and the leap in graphic technologies, this new approach sounds promising.

-Craig