HP3000-L Archives

September 2009, Week 3

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:05:24 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Edwin
Clements <[log in to unmask]> writing at 10:45:37 in his/her local time
opines:-
>This is not a matter of trying to read through a path.  A Mode 4 DBGET
>reads the record number given to the record when it was stored with a
>DBPUT.  It is not dependent on what path(s) the record might be in.
>
>I would suggest you put a display statement immediately before the Mode
>4 DBGET to display the argument you are using as record number that it
>is trying to do the DBGET on.  When it gets that error, it means it is
>not in the dataset.  Check where you are getting the number being used
>for the argument.
>
>                   Edwin Clements

Another way to have this error is to have an incorrectly formatted
record number.

Make sure that the size and type of field that you are supplying to
obtain and to return the record number in are the size and type that
Image expects.

>--- On Sat, 9/19/09, Pannem, Jai Kishan K
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> From: Pannem, Jai Kishan K <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: [HP3000-L] TURBOIMAGE error- Directed end of file - DBGET,
>>mode=4 on xxxx (dataset) of YYYY(database name)
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> Date: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 8:50 AM
>> Hello Guys,
>>

>> I'm trying to below turbo image debug error but I couldn't
>> get any clue.
>>
>> Could you please help me out?
>>

>> TURBOIMAGE error- Directed end of file - DBGET, mode=4 on
>> xxxx (dataset)
>> of YYYY(database name)
>>

>> Through ADAGER, we examined all paths for the dataset. It
>> didn't report
>> any errors.
>>

>> Please help.
>>

>> Thank you,
>>
>> Kishan.
>>

>> * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list
>> settings, *
>> * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *

Roy Brown        'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
Kelmscott Ltd     useful, or believe to be beautiful'  William Morris