HP3000-L Archives

July 2009, Week 3

From:
Bruce Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:54:32 -0400
Here are a couple of items I saw:

The Big Picture printed these photos of the Apollo 11 mission a few days
ago:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/07/remembering_apollo_11.html

Here's an article about the computer guidance system. The memory was woven
copper wire through and around tiny magnetic cores.

"The team of ex-textile workers and watch-makers were employed by defence
firm Raytheon to "weave" the software into the memory of the computer."

"The little old ladies said: 'that could be my son so I am going to do my
job as well as I can'."

Bruce