HP3000-L Archives

June 2009, Week 3

From:
donna hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:11:43 -0700
Courtesy of the itrc:

RESTORE may report the following internal error message while
restoring files, for example:

:restore *t;@[log in to unmask]@;show
          >> TURBO-STORE/RESTORE  VERSION  C.75.08  B5152AA  <<
                    (C) 1986 HEWLETT-PACKARD CO.
 .
 .
 .
TSTDB   .PUB     .ACCOUNT  APPLICATION SET NOT RESTORED: INTERNAL
STORE ERROR (S/R 2828)

This error will be reported when a TurboIMAGE database root file was
stored during a partial backup.  RESTORE does not restore the file in
this case because the rest of the database files are not on the
backup, and restoring only the root file could result in database
corruption.

In this example, the following STORE had been done previously, and
note that STORE issues a warning about this file:

:store @[log in to unmask];*t;online=start;show;date>=03/11/06
          >> TURBO-STORE/RESTORE  VERSION  C.75.08  B5152AA  <<
                    (C) 1986 HEWLETT-PACKARD CO.
 .
 .
 .
TSTDB   .PUB     .ACCOUNT  STORED BECAUSE ONLY ROOT FILE QUALIFIED FOR
DATE OPTION

The reason STORE issues this warning is that only the database root
file qualified for the backup, and not the remaining files in the
database, because only the root file met the file modification "DATE"
criteria specified.  One common situation where this occurs is when
the database was previously stored.  Doing a STORE of a database will
change the file modification date of the database root file, because
a "last stored date" is kept in the root file.

Temporary Solution

TEXT
workaround
The "INTERNAL STORE ERROR" message from RESTORE can be ignored in this
case.  Adding the PARTIALDB option to the RESTORE will eliminate the
message, but that is not recommended because it will cause the
database root file to be restored without the other files in the
database, potentially leaving an inconsistent/corrupted database on
the system.

---
Donna Hofmeister
Allegro Consultants, Inc.