HP3000-L Archives

June 2009, Week 2

Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:31:17 -0700
There are a number of free and commercial TCP/IP Packet Sniffers and that
number seems to be increasing every day.  There are some examples here
http://sectools.org/sniffers.html.

We have found that the Windows or JAVA based GUI tools are easier to use
than the command line oriented HP 3000 based products. Moreover, there's
usually no compelling reason to be on the same machine that is generating to
traffic to monitor it you just need to be on the same network to see the
traffic.

Charles Finley
(619) 795-0720