HP3000-L Archives

June 2009, Week 2

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:25:54 -0700
--- On Wed, 6/10/09, Newton, Ernie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> And lets not forget the fine design of the on/off switch
> right where your knee was.
>
> Yes, I did experience at least one accidental power
> failure.

Ernie,

This was back in the day when the switch did not operate until you let go.

Unlike today, where a depressed power switch held in for 10 seconds would act as a power fail.

So there was no problem in having your knee hit the switch, all you had to do was not move your knee, i.e. leave the console until it was safe to power down.

Sheesh, even I knew that.  :-)

-Craig