HP3000-L Archives

June 2009, Week 2

From:
Gordon Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gordon Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 15:46:07 -0600
We have been slowly converting and migrating off our HP3000. One of the many things I will miss about the HP is the way it handles
jobs. Has anyone found an equivelant to the HP's job environment in the Windows world? You know, like nice job listings of what
really goes on, etc. We've been trying to make do with plain batch files, and redirecting the output to a log file, but it is just
not the same. And sometimes the batch file just quits and disappears for no apparent reason. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gordon Montgomery
Living Scriptures, Inc.
(801) 627-2000