HP3000-L Archives

May 2009, Week 4

From:
Olav Kappert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Olav Kappert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2009 11:00:22 -0400
Walter:

Not true.  You need to know that the format written is using the ISO
standard, otherwise it still could be May 7 or July 5.

In Quebec, the french may use dd-mm-yy while the US uses mm-dd-yyyy and
either one is useless unless one knows the standard being used.

Coming from the HP world, I have always used yyyymmddhhmmss because it
is the only way to sort the information without specifing having to
extract the year, month, hour, minute and seconds from the data.  I am
so used to it that is the facto format.  All other formats should be
discarded as an unknown format.

So folks, either use the ISO yyyymmdd format or its exacting long form
of  May 25, 2009.

My 2 cents,

Olav Kappert
IOMIT International.