HP3000-L Archives

May 2009, Week 3

Date:
Mon, 18 May 2009 15:20:05 -0400
I always thought I would outlive the HP3000, but funny thing happened - after
18 years of working for the same company who used HP3000s -- the HP3000s
are still there and I am not. Now I'm living unemployed in a non-mainframe
world as a 45-year old with only mainframe skills. I'd love to hear other
people's stories of how they made that adjustment -- in terms of what sort of
retraining was done, other alternative paths taken, etc. I'm especially
interested in what my next steps should be to retool for the .NET environment
as that seems to be predominent in my region of the country. Thanks!