HP3000-L Archives

May 2009, Week 3

From:
Ron Horner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Horner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2009 18:46:18 -0500
Ok, everyone put down your flame-throwers.  If you recall, I was on the
board of OpenMPE as well.  Like others, I applaud their efforts on
prolonging the HP3000's life.  But if I'm going to have to learn new
hardware no matter what. What is the point of getting an emulator that is
going to run on top of the host OS?  I might as well learn the new hardware
and whatever software I will need.  Unless your thinking of a new OS
version.  That's not a bad idea.

The issues that this thread talks about are some that I've been fearing for
quite some time now as well.  It's like being married and then getting a
divorce.  Now you have to figure out the wild west of dating.  It's really
scary out there.  Not to mention all of the other economic factors out there
as well.