HP3000-L Archives

May 2009, Week 1

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 3 May 2009 15:21:13 -0700
Larry,

Look on the back of the CPU and you will see a small hole labeled GSP RESET.  You need your favorite techie paperclip.

Just insert paperclip, you will feel it depress.  It takes about a minute to reset.  Don't worry, it only reboots the GSP, and will not affect the HP3000.

I find it is necessary to reset the GSP about once a year.  It seems to correlate to when you really need to get access, and you can't get physical access to the box.  Good ole Murphy.

-Craig