HP3000-L Archives

April 2009, Week 4

From:
"Dave Powell, MMfab" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Powell, MMfab
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:48:12 -0700
Glad to know the trick -- just in case I have to handle 80+ byte file names
some day.

I briefly fiddled with bldparms with "dir" into a local file, but I didn't
keep copies of my  failure(s) and can only guess that since I was running
ftp in binary mode maybe I changed line 2 of my bldparms file instead of
line 1 (?).  I didn't spend much time on it before it I switched to "ls" and
everything became easy.

In re-testing today I see that ftp builds the local file for "dir" & "ls"
according to line 1 of bldparms (the "ascii" line) even if I am in binary
mode and line 2 is used when I actually do an ftp "get".  OK, now that I
know.

And no, I probably don't need to be in binary mode there anyway.

Dave Powell,   MMfab