HP3000-L Archives

April 2009, Week 4

From:
Michael Caplin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Caplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:03:39 -0400
Just when you think that things are stable, someone comes along to ruin your
day.

We have been acquired by another company and they are moving a server
that we use under their umbrella.  We have MPE boxes that move files to and
from this server using FTP.  A typical import to the MPE side will specify BUILD
parameters on the 'get' so that the file has a standard record length, etc
when it arrives and any functions running on the HP don't know or care where
the file came from.  The FTP service will not be turned on once the server is
moved.  They are saying that we can continue to import and export files - just
don't use FTP.  Does anyone have any suggestions that do not require re-
inventing the wheel.