HP3000-L Archives

March 2009, Week 4

From:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:29:23 -0500
Quoting Joseph Dolliver (in part):

"Here is what I say to the working stiff that has a degree from MIT making
obscene money... You have been greedy for way too long and you should be
ashamed of yourself. When is enough enough--"

I'm sure to someone out there in the world, in many countries (including the
U.S.) the amount of money you make is obscene and they'd be asking you the
same question: when is enough, enough?

To workers in Mexico making less than $100 a month, your income is obscene.

To workers in China making less than $20 a month, your income is obscene.

To those in African countries subsisting on less than $20 a year, your
income is obscene.

Mob mentality and mob rule is never a good thing, but what we're sliding
towards not only in this country (the U.S.) but in Europe as well. Witness
the "boss-napping" in France where union members kidnapped and held hostage
their boss for an extended time. He was only released yesterday. An example
of mob rule. Another example, also courtesy the French (sorry Christian, no
slight intended, it's just historical fact) is the mob rule of the French
revolution and the resulting slaughter of not only the upper classes, but
the educated and business classes as well. Yes the French king and his wife
lost their heads, and his mistress, and their children, and the aristocracy
that couldn't escape the country, but teachers and business owners too.
Basically anyone to which the mob bore a grudge. Not to pick on the French,
as history serves us the same examples in Czarist Russia and the aftermath
of the Russian revolution.

We've had the beginning stages of mob rule here in the U.S.: bus loads of
"activists" being delivered to the homes of A.I.G. employees to "protest"
the bonus payments they received. Crowds of people surrounding and harassing
A.I.G. employees as they enter the building in New York city to work.
History shows it's not far from mob protests to mob violence and mob rule.

Obama's experience includes being a "community organizer." Some would say
agitator. There are stories in the press that the "activists" were organized
by the ACORN groups and the busses paid for by ACORN. One lesson from
history they would be well advised to heed is the mob is not so easily
controlled, and may turn on the organizers on a whim - or an incitement.
Anger, when provoked, can be a very dangerous thing.. and can turn on those
stoking the anger.