HP3000-L Archives

March 2009, Week 4

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:21:17 +0000
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Brice Yokem
<[log in to unmask]> writes

>When I got this OS for my Laptop, they did not tell me you cannot
>fax a document from it without going through a third party.  I used
>to be able to do this on WinXP, where the fax modem could be
>set up like it was a printer.
>
>One of the technical people at Best Buy told me this is available
>as a free download at the MSN web site, but I could not find it.
>At least I could not find a download or upgrade which referenced
>this problem in the notes.
>
>Anyone here have ideas?
>
>Thx

Let me get this straight - you had an XP machine with a working fax
modem, you put VHP on it, and now the modem no longer does faxing?

Or some other arrangement?

What's the model no and spec of the modem?

Does it still work as a modem?

Or what?
--
Roy Brown        'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
Kelmscott Ltd     useful, or believe to be beautiful'  William Morris