HP3000-L Archives

March 2009, Week 3

From:
"Hawkins, Jim (ESS TCE Q&W)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hawkins, Jim (ESS TCE Q&W)
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:03:28 +0000
You're partially correct in that MPE & STORE didn't have built in abilities or utilities to control Libraries or Loader movement (say access tape in library slot 23 and move to drive 2).    However the autoloader is just that, it can automatically load the next tape, and because tape ejection is a DDS drive feature along with compression and load one can control this via devctrl.
Read the docs.hp.com article.

Jim