HP3000-L Archives

March 2009, Week 3

From:
donna hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:01:23 -0700
Yes, you need to have inetdcnf.net configured.

There's a collection of 'samp' files in .net that in most cases need to be
copied to their 'real' file name in order to make tcp/inetd networking work:

BPTABSMP -- bootptab (most people don't use)
HOSTSAMP -- hosts
INCNFSMP -- inetd configuration
INSECSMP -- inetd security
NETSAMP  -- reachable networks
NSSWSAMP -- nsswitch
PROTSAMP -- protocol
RSLVSAMP -- dns resolving
SERVSAMP -- services

I believe each of the files also has a counterpart in /etc which is a link
to the real file in .net.sys.

If the real files are missing from .net.sys then many things (including
telnet and ftp) won't work.

 - donna

---
Donna Hofmeister