HP3000-L Archives

February 2009, Week 4

From:
Donnie Poston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donnie Poston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:02:00 -0600
Support Technician at the Support Group, inc.

Location: Austin, Texas Area

<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esupgrp%2Ecom&urlhas
h=hrMR>

Apply
<http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?startApply=&jobId=657733&goback=%2Evjn_657733>
Now

Type:

Full-time Experience: Associate

Functions: Consulting, Information Technology

Industries: Information Technology and Services

Job Description

The Support Technician will serve as part of our Support Services team in
ensuring the stability and accessibility of our client's HP3000 systems. We
are a 24*7*365.25 operation servicing customers around the world.

As a member of the Support Services team, you will play an important role in
the following:

.Day-to-day maintenance of client's systems.
.System solution planning.
.Establishing policies and procedures pertaining to system management,
security, maintenance and utilization.
.Advising managers on technology and system concepts and functional
capabilities.
.Recommending systems changes to development management.
.Recommending updates and improvements to existing systems.
.Suggesting alternative solutions and designs, third party tools, etc. to
solve the problems at hand.

Skills

ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
.Experience with HP3000
.MPE System Management Experience
.IMAGE Database Knowledge
.MANMAN Experience a plus
.Fortran Experience a plus

Company Description

For over fifteen years the Support Group, inc. has been providing MANMAN and
MPE support. At the Support Group, inc, (tSGi) our role is to help you
supplement your internal resources, to give your business improved agility
and the flexibility to respond to new business requirements. With tSGi you
choose the support you need, from help desk to full management of your
MANMAN and MPE environment.

Our technical staff has backgrounds in MANMAN Application Operations and
Support, IT Management, Manufacturing Operations Management, HP3000/MPE
Management and more.

For more information contact:

David Floyd

(512) 266-4400