HP3000-L Archives

February 2009, Week 4

From:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:45:18 -0600
Tom and Jim:

I went to the Pergamon museum on one trip, and then back again several years
later. In the interim the scientists and conservators had added many
additional fragments to the friezes, I'd say by about 30%. I understand that
work continues, so the Pergamon Altar you see on this trip may give a
different impression than the one I saw just two years ago. It's worth
placing on your ternary.

The bust of Nefertiti is worth a trip to Berlin even if that's the only
thing you're going to get to see. I agree with Jim that it's something
photos and reproductions do not do justice, and must be seen in person.

I also agree that Berlin has some of the best gyro's anywhere. Have a great
side trip from Italy. Drink some Jagermaester - the stuff you get in Germany
is much smoother than that exported. A friend told me it's an ingredient
legal in Germany but not for export to the E.U. or the U.S. Oh well....