HP3000-L Archives

February 2009, Week 4

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:08:30 +0000
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Joe Barnett
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>in reading this string all I can think of is that maybe it's time to
>look for a new
>dealership.  I juist bought a car here in missouri and yes they did
>have all the
>options you could think of, what they did was sell the car at a fair price and
>then go into trying to up sell the options.  I selected what I thought wasn't
>stupid and road away happy.
>
>Joe

The key figure in any of this, if you have a trade-in, is not the
headline price of the car you are buying, but the 'price to change'.

And when they value your old car, don't forget to tell them about all
the extras you have on that, including all the microchips that have been
added over the years (Two small children and a bag of Lay's can work
wonders in this direction).
--
Roy Brown        'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
Kelmscott Ltd     useful, or believe to be beautiful'  William Morris