HP3000-L Archives

January 2009, Week 3

From:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:46:57 -0500
Denise,

I've been using Programmer studio for a few years, developing with
multiple platforms and languages, from a Windows workstation. When
connecting to the MPE platform there is a listener job that needs to be
running: The server process is running on your MPE box, that's where the
AIF error came from, sometimes it has issues where it needs to be
restarted, very rare.

It usually logs on as "WTRSH,MGR.WTRSHL". When the Windows Programmer
Studio process successfully connects to it on MPE, this "WTRSH" process
will create a process using your specific log-on credentials, and then
hands the connection off to that process, it usually works very well.

Use ABORTJOB to stop it.
To start it: STREAM WTRSHJ.PUB.WTRSHL << file name varies with versions>>

Sometimes, I need to abort and restart the job on MPE, and re-boot the
Windows Client due to some network conditions that I can't explain.
Windows just has lots of faults, and when Programmer Studio or Windows
crashes while editing a file in Programmer Studio, unsaved files are
copied to the recovery folder:

C:\Program Files\Whisper Technology\Programmer Studio 4.4\Recovery

I've had issues where the recovery folder contains a problematic file, and
Programmer Studio will always try to process the file during it's startup
phase, and therefore the problem re-occurs even after a re-boot. There
should only be one file in the recovery folder when Programmer Studio is
not running "Readme.txt", unless it has crashed with unsaved files.

Programmer Studio does enforce MPE security, and from the Workstation in
question you should look closely at the server profile settings, and
compare them to the MPE security settings.

MENUBAR: Tools, Server Profiles, click on the server that is used when
this problem occurs, check all four tabs "General, User, AutoExec,
Advanced".

Just My $0.02,
Mike.