HP3000-L Archives

January 2009, Week 2

From:
Gordon Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gordon Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:23:14 -0700
I've actually got the same problem. I believe if you watch the console
when the report initially finishes you'll see an error complaining about
an unknown message from the printer, so it thinks the printer lost power
and tries to reprint the last 50 or so pages. And actually, I've noticed that
if the printer runs out of paper near the end (~80 pages to go ) the problem
does not happen. It only happens on large printouts for me here. I also
noticed that it only started happening on the 9050 after we had updated
the firmware on the printer to the latest and greatest. I think
there is a spooler patch from HP that helps this, but I have not loaded
it yet to check. It is only a once a week thing for us here and it hasn't
bothered me enough to really want to fix it yet. BTW, I'm on 7.0
969-200 and the printers are HP's 8100 and 9050.

Gordon Montgomery
Living Scriptures, Inc.
(801) 627-2000