HP3000-L Archives

January 2009, Week 2

From:
Jim Chance <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2009 17:29:01 -0800
Well.......yes and no.

The amazing perm/full-time/in-house position that I was offered in FL failed after being 8 months away from my spouse; given the fact that my home back in Ohio wouldn't sell even though I had it on the market for 2 years with a decent percentage reduction.

At that 8 month junction I've returned and have taken my home off of the market. Since August I've dont project management, Crystal development and acquired my Project Management Professional cert.

So although I'm not restricted to the HP3000, I'd entertain the thought of it to pay the bills. However over the past 10 years I've done much more IBM/SCO UNIX, infrastructure, Crystal and MS SQL/T-SQL.

I guess you could say I'm back at the dairy, but not only seeking a singular type of cattle; moreover, the skills I've obtained lately enable me to increase the herd aod types of animals.

Cheers,
  Jim

NOTE: As the founder of Practical Technology Solutions I'm always on the lookout for IT consulting/contract work anywhere in the US
• IT professional since 1985
• Certified Project Management Professional
• Technical and management experience with Conversions & migrations
• Solid ERP/manufacturing systems exposure for 20 years
• Energetic, systematic, organized individual
• Kaizen leader
• Sarbanes Oxley knowledge
• Team leader for functional business areas, IT teams and “director” levels exposure
• Knowledge of multiple operating systems: Windows server, AS/400, HP3000, IBM/SCO UNIX, Linux
• Database intimacy with DB2, MS SQL 2k/2k5, Access, Image and others
• Developed business solutions with: MS T-SQL, Crystal 9,11; Powerhouse, COBOL, UNIX scripts, stored procedures, triggers, etc..
• MS SQL administration experience
• MS Project 175 line item project management with a 200k budget over 13 months
• Disaster planning/prevention/assessment and plan writing
• SQL log shipping/fail-over design-setup-implementation accomplishments
• Training skills
• Implemented solutions that saved businesses over 1million dollars in ways, means, forms, time and productivity gains since 1985
• Acute analysis capabilities to decipher user needs at all levels for clear, concise and accurate methodologies and logical approaches to remediation
• Unique skills combination of technical/development, management and infrastructure experience

My resume’ can be provided upon request. I thank you for your precious time and I look forward to hearing from you. I appreciate anything you can do, even a job lead at your company or another’s is much appreciated.

Jim Chance, DBA Practical Technology Solutions
Founder
Ashland, Ohio, 44805
Cell: 419-651-6704
Fax: 732-601-6704

A+, PMP Certified, IT purveyor since 1985. SQL Server, Crystal, Project Management, HP3000, UNIX, Migrations/Conversions, ERP expert.

Rent our condo in sunny warm Estero, Florida:
http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/23683.html