HP3000-L Archives

December 2008, Week 5

From:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:31:36 -0500
I just can't wait for the next scandal.  I will say Obama has been very
careful about what he does.  I am sure he did not do anything illegal, but
I am also sure he did what he could get away with.

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:46:14 -0800, Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>--- On Tue, 12/30/08, John Pitman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>> And I read that somebody in the study is married to somebody
>> with an interest in the result...

>John,
>
>I am shocked, simply shocked that anything like this could happen. ;-)
>
>Actually, I long for the day when politicians did not want the "appearance of
impropriety".  Now we discuss the definition of what "is" is.

>It is going to be an interesting year.  I was reading a article how Condoleza
Rice had received over $300,000 in gifts and jewelry this year, which she
promptly turned over to the government.  Secretaries of State are not allowed
to keep gifts.

>Bill Clinton has received literally millions of dollars in contributions to
his 'Presidential Library' from the middle east.  Now do you think Hillary will try
to keep the 'no appearance of impropriety' or do you think Hillary will try to go
as close to the line as possible without committing a felony?

>President elect Obama is already caught between a rock and a hard place,
he has not even uttered the oath of office yet.