HP3000-L Archives

December 2008, Week 5

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:46:14 -0800
--- On Tue, 12/30/08, John Pitman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> And I read that somebody in the study is married to somebody
> with an interest in the result...

John,

I am shocked, simply shocked that anything like this could happen. ;-)

Actually, I long for the day when politicians did not want the "appearance of impropriety".  Now we discuss the definition of what "is" is.

It is going to be an interesting year.  I was reading a article how Condoleza Rice had received over $300,000 in gifts and jewelry this year, which she promptly turned over to the government.  Secretaries of State are not allowed to keep gifts.

Bill Clinton has received literally millions of dollars in contributions to his 'Presidential Library' from the middle east.  Now do you think Hillary will try to keep the 'no appearance of impropriety' or do you think Hillary will try to go as close to the line as possible without committing a felony?

President elect Obama is already caught between a rock and a hard place, he has not even uttered the oath of office yet.

HNY,

-Craig