HP3000-L Archives

December 2008, Week 4

From:
Gary Robillard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Robillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2008 10:35:29 -0700
Hi Brian,

This is a known problem where a process did not "quiesce" during shutdown
and attempts to do some IO after everything (the IO subsystem in particular)
else has completed the shutdown process (step 6).

I thought there was a patch for it, but I did find this on the HP ITRC from
2006:

~~~~~~~~~
System Abort 653 (SA653) results from a problem when decrementing a counter
in the GUFD (Global Unique File Descriptor): a data structure created when a
file is opened and used to facilitate and coordinate access to the file. A
memory dump is necessary to determine the cause of the abort.

On all current releases of MPE/iX a System Abort 653 can be encountered
during a system shutdown. The cause is a timing issue with various data
structures and processes as the operating system terminates processes and
closes files. It causes no harm to the system or user data and can be
ignored.
~~~~~~~
Thanks,

Gary