HP3000-L Archives

December 2008, Week 3

From:
"Hawkins, Jim (ESS TCE Q&W)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hawkins, Jim (ESS TCE Q&W)
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:12:25 +0000
Bruce,

The problem in general is "real" and can be high impact.

http://www.dataclean.com/pdf/ZincWhiskerWhitePaper.pdf

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;464368043;relcomp;1

Whether you're data center could be impacted might take an expert.  I would make them prove that your raised floor tiles were at least susceptible before deciding.   The dangerous thing is that doing general cleaning is exactly the kind of thing that would stir the stuff up.

Jim