HP3000-L Archives

December 2008, Week 2

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 05:24:10 -0800
We have an HP-UX server (located remote from me, but for which I have partial responsibility) that we recently (like last night) changed the IP addressing scheme.  This morning FTP from that server to our HP3000 server does not work by name but does work by IP address.  Curiously enough, both telnet and ping will work by name as well as IP address.  Nslookup also resolves the name to the correct IP address.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Jim Phillips