HP3000-L Archives

November 2008, Week 3

From:
"Anderson, Russ" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anderson, Russ
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:54:10 -0500
We are a split shop... half COBOL/Image and half Microsoft (.NET, SQL,
etc.)  We have an MPE
application that needs real-time communication with an MS SQL Server
database.  We need for
the program to be able to insert a record into the SQL database and to
be able to retrieve an updated
copy of the record at a later point in time.  The insertion of the
record fires a trigger to instigate a MS
web-services call that will update the record.  We have both the
web-services call and the COBOL
application already in hand, the only missing piece would be the
communications between the SQL
database and the application.  This would need to be a real-time,
multiple user connection.  Is there
a way to do this without utilizing a 3rd party ODBC application?  If
not, is there a definitive ODBC
choice.

Thanks in advance.