HP3000-L Archives

November 2008, Week 3

From:
John Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:16:23 -0600
Tom-

We've batted this around for years.  I'm not aware of any direct
comparisons, unless some have come out in the very recent past.

I think the general consensus has been that for processing one
transaction  for one user, the Intels with their Ghz chips are faster.  But
for complicated string sets and multiple users, MPE handles it so
efficiently that it's faster, and far more robust and reliable.  Not much
of a mathematical comparison, I realize.

John Lee
Preferred Systems Maintenance, fka Vaske Computer Solutions