HP3000-L Archives

November 2008, Week 3

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:01:43 -0600
Well, I truly was not trying to point out an error for ridicule.

Several friends and I had a long conversation about how the
communication skills of the new generation of gamers was pathetic. You
read their posts on the various game forums and spend most of your time
trying to decipher their meaning. It is almost like every single one of
them has developed their own dialect and, of course, vulgarity is
required.

And I do not mean the common shortcuts used to speed up texting, such as
U R for You Are, I mean totally incomprehensible jumbles of misspelled
words, rambling thoughts and no ability to make a point. I used to think
it was mostly 12 year olds making these posts but have learned that the
worst of them come from 16-25 year olds.

Education has truly died in this country when I can speak to someone
from any number of foreign countries who makes better sense in broken
English than our current crop of high school/college graduates do in
their native tongue, and they are proud of their disability.

Anyway, near the end someone started listing all the incorrect word
usages and when I saw the mute : moot post it just clicked. As I had as
many processes running as I dared, I just thought a little light OT:
might not offend.