HP3000-L Archives

November 2008, Week 3

Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2008 05:13:16 -0500
Hi

hp3000 Mpex 7.0

I was wondering if anyone was using Minisoft ODBC and message files. We
have numerous applications that are writing to message files via minisoft and
they work perfectly.

We are now attempting to read from a message file. This we can do via
Minsoft as long as there is nothing else accessing it.

We have a cobol process that writes to the message file and does an open
extend. It writes data to the message file happily. Minisoft then goes to read
the message file and is seems to "read" the data (as the no of records goes to
0) but we do not get access to the data in minisoft until we stop the cobol
program.

We are not getting access violation errors as it is reading the data and there
is no locks open when I look at the message file.

the file equation for the cobol program is
File XXX;shr;msg

The file equation for minisoft is

File XXX;shr;msg;gmulti;acc=in

Nothing else is attempting access.