HP3000-L Archives

November 2008, Week 2

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 05:19:23 -0800
You know, I really think that the HP3000 was given the raw end of the deal.

HP simply did not have enough funds to do justice to such a great OS.

Given the current market situation, and the United States government's willingness to fund virtual any failing business idea with TARP (Troubled Asset Recovery Program), I think it would be beneficial for OPEN-MPE to at least try and acquire some of the funding.

Heck, if HP is going to continue layoffs, which obviously hurt the local economies where it's employees live, HP themselves should be going after a piece of the pie.  The HP board certainly needs bonuses to maintain the lifestyles they have become accustomed too.

In the effort I am posting the application guidelines and forms required to acquire the necessary funds to keep the HP3000 running in the 21st century and beyond.

http://www.ustreas.gov/press/releases/reports/applicationguidelines.pdf

Just in case anyone questions whether or not I am being sarcastic, let me make it clear.
I am.

-Craig