HP3000-L Archives

November 2008, Week 2

From:
Paul Raulerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Raulerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:26:54 -0800

Tar uses external compress - tar czv for example will use the external gzip program as a pipe to compress the archive it creates.
The HP3K version of tar I have is too old to have that capability though, so you are absolutely correct from that point of view.

STD is great, if one happens to have the capability on the HP3K machine one is using, otherwise.... <grin>

:)

-Paul