HP3000-L Archives

November 2008, Week 2

From:
Tom Hula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:18:10 -0500
We had a similar issue on our Series A400 and we ended up tracing the whole
thing to a single individual that was logging on, entering our menu, running
a Speedware application that was resource hungry and then using a "no longer
available" option to escape out of that Speedware application and then going
into yet another application off a
menu...Parent...child...grandchild...sometimes great-grandchild. And doing
this same thing on 3 different sessions. People would just randomly get
knocked off because the system was getting overwhelmed...I guess. After
eliminating that escape option from the Speedware application, it's turned
into a few times a year, but not every day like before.

Tom Hula