HP3000-L Archives

October 2008, Week 4

From:
Ray Shahan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Shahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:11:37 -0500
Craig points out:

"I believe the soaring cost of energy is definitely motivating a lot of
people.  I also believe that people's complete lack of faith in our
government to do anything helpful in any area is also pushing the
progress as well."

And I'd like to add that we in the U.S. need to stop the government from
giving the oil companies tax breaks/credits to find alternative energy
sources.  That's like asking the spider for help out of its web.

What we need to do is have the government steer those tax dollars to the
research colleges and institutions, so we can get on with the solution.