HP3000-L Archives

October 2008, Week 4

From:
Paul Raulerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Raulerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2008 20:59:45 -0500
[ This might be an issue because I am using MPE/ix 6.0. ]

I sure am glad you folks are patient with us new guys. :)

I just installed Apache (old version 1.3 or thereabouts)  today, and
went to transfer over a web site. I ran into some silly issues with it.

I had to specify a path with each file, no matter what directory I was
logged into. This made it somewhat difficult to zap up an entire
folder of files, normally done with "mput *", after turning off the
interactive prompting of course.

put image1.jpg image1.jpg      <<<-- this will fail

put image1.jpg ./image1.jpg    <<<-- this will work

Second, I am running into ignorance with MPE file formats; this
version of Apache seems to want HTML files to be "Ascii Text", but ftp
(in ascii mode) and vi seem to create files that are 80 byte MPE
files. Especially with vi, is there a way to un-default this behavior?"

Image files transfer over like this, and I am assuming that this is
okay. (ftp in binary mode.)

shell/iX>
shell/iX> file img-1.jpg
img-1.jpg:      MPE/iX 256-byte fixed length binary (filecode:0)
shell/iX>

Thanks for any pointers -
Paul